All students are required to earn one credit per academic year to stay in Good Academic Standing (GAS).  If a student is facing extenuating circumstances and cannot take a course, after one academic year, they may petition the Academic Standards Committee for a Leave of Absence.  Please click here to complete the Academic Petition form online.  Please contact Student Services, with additional questions, at